Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Obrigada Brazil! (Thank You Brazil!)

Dad and I on the roof of a hotel we stayed at in Sao Paulo.
Going to Brazil was an awesome experience. I love to get to know other cultures... And other foods!

Indoor/Outdoor Gym on the roof of a hotel we stayed in.
Amazing to workout there!
We traveled around to a few different cities, and we did 5 shows. It was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend Michael and I were not ready to leave.

Meat cooking at a
Churrascaria.
At the beginning of the two weeks, I tried to start out strong, and I went to the gym a few times. Most gyms there at the hotels are indoor/outdoor. So it is actually a pretty awesome vibe! Unfortunately, by the second week, I started to get a cold. I got pretty sick for a day or two, and then it lingered for a bit. So going to the gym wasn't the best idea. (Not good to overwork your body when it is busy working on fixing you- usually. There are times it is good to workout when you are sick, but that is usually when you are winning the fight over the illness. If you aren't, you probably should push it! Unless you know that works for your body!)
This is a pic of maybe one third of
salad bar at a Churrascaria we
went to.
As for food... Oh man... What can I say. The food there was amazing, and I had to try it all! Churrascaria's are unbelievable. (I know they have the Brazilian grills in the states that are similar, but the real thing is a step ahead for sure!) All of those places have a huge salad bar that has hot and cold food- and really all sorts of things! And then they come around table to table with every kind of amazing meat you could imagine. It is incredible. One of my favorite things they had was barbecued pineapple covered in cinnamon. (My new favorite treat to make at home!)

Love this place! Pinguim.
Aside from that, they had great breakfasts at the hotels, and it mostly consisted of breads, fruits and dessert! (This is not a good country to diet in!) 

However, their fresh juices that they had everywhere was a whole different thing than ordering juice in the states... It was fresh squeezed or pressed every time. The pineapple was always my favorite! Had the yummy foam on top and everything!

The shows went great. The crowds were younger than expected, because they knew my Dad from the movies in the late 80's and early 90's. So that was cool. 

Also while we were there they had huge protests going on. I mean serious ones! That made it a bit interesting and slightly worrisome and times! 

But it was all and all and incredible experience. However, health wise- not my best couple weeks. But that is one of the reasons why you keep yourself in good health... so you can live, experience and savor the moment when you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment