Saturday, May 4, 2013

Puppies and Late Nights...

The puppies and I.
May 4, 2013

Today has been crazy! I didn't get a chance to workout until the late hours of the night. Because... I went to pick up some puppies to foster! I will be keeping them for about 4 weeks until they are

adoptable- right now they are only 4 or 4 and a half weeks old, and they aren't able to go for adoption until they are 8 weeks old. They are so sweet and adorable!

I have spent all day getting them (I drove two hours away and then back), and then getting them settled at their new temporary home. They are amazing! Beautiful and sweet and cuddly! Also messy- so it has been a busy busy day!

But I finally got to the gym late tonight...

Workout -

  • Cardio - 20 minutes - 1.45 miles [All at 0 incline unless otherwise noted] (3min at 6mph, 1min at 6.5mph, 1min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline.)
  • Weights - Circuit - 900 movements total - 25 bench presses with a 45lb bar, 25 sit ups, 25 prone shoulder rotations with two 5lb free weights, 25 crunches, 25 bicep curls at 30lb, 25 hip abductions at 145lb, 25 hip adductions at 105lb, 25 seated leg presses at 165lb. Repeat 3 more times. 20 bench presses with a 45lb bar and 20lb added on it. Then 80 shoulder exercises.
They are adorable!

My shoulder is still bothering me, so I did spend the time at the end doing some things that my yoga teacher taught me that should help. I hope it does! Because now not only is my shoulder hurting but my elbows too! And I hate to have to stop doing weights for a while. I enjoy the weights!

But now it is time to get some rest. I have puppies to take care of in the morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment