Friday, May 31, 2013

5 and a Half Miles & Then Some...

May 31, 2013

I figured I would start my day off right! I jumped straight out of bed and headed to the park. It had been rainy and stormy on and off all night (and supposed to continue today...), but the weather was perfect to run this morning. Overcast, and not too hot! However the humidity was a bit more than I would prefer!

I ran half a mile, then walked half a mile, then ran half a mile, then walked half a mile.

It felt great! It was a bit challenging because I hadn't eaten yet, so I didn't have any fuel. But I made it, and I was glad I did it!

Then after a little break and some breakfast, I headed to the gym...

Workout -

  • Cardio - 20 minutes - 1.45 miles [All at 0 incline unless otherwise noted] (3min at 6mph, 1min at 6.5mph, 1min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline.)
  • Weights - Circuit - 1,000 movements total - 25 bench presses with two 20lb free weights, 25 sit ups, 25 shoulder presses with two 10lb free weights, 25 tricep pull downs at 50lb, 25 crunches, 25 lateral raises with two 5lb free weights, 25 bicep curls at 30lb, 25 hip abductions at 160lb, 25 hip adductions at 120lb, 25 seated leg presses at 160lb. Repeat 3 more times.

All and all it felt good. But it was hard today. I think I am just tired- lack of sleep lately, and my body isn't at it's peak because of it!

After another little break... I decided to head back to the park. It was quite warm though, so I decided just to walk. But I walked another 2 miles. (And that was pushing myself- it is stupid humid outside today because of all the storms around us!) I feel good that I did that though!

Guess it is time to get on with the rest of my day now...

No comments:

Post a Comment