Sunday, February 17, 2013

After 14 Hours On a Bus

February 17, 2013

I woke up in my bunk and turned on my map on my phone and saw that we were just driving through Kansas City. So I got up and sat with the band. I enjoyed my water, and eventually had a protein bar and a couple Wheat Thins. We drove for about 3 hours since I got up. We were all starting to get a little loopy. Too much time on the bus and we start to get a bit goofy! But we got to the hotel in Salina, Kansas by 1:30pm.

I got to my room and had pretty much nothing to do until I needed to go to the theater for the show. So I started to watch some TV to pass time.

By 3pm, I went down to the gym. My body is just feeling tired these days, I'm a little wore out. So I just couldn't go quite as hard. But I did ok. Also, their weight selection was horrible! They only had one mutli-purpose weight machine, and it only had one attachment. So my options were minimal anyway. But here is what I did -

  • Cardio - 30 minutes - 2.08 miles [All at 0 incline unless otherwise noted] (3min at 6mph, 1min at 6.5mph, 1min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 11min at 3.8mph at 0 incline.)
  • Weights - 200 movements total - 25 wood chops on the right at 40lb, 25 wood chops on the left at 40lb. Repeat 3 more times. 
Lunch
When I finished, I walked across the parking lot to go to the gas station store. I needed some food and there was no restaurant in walking distance. I went back to my room and I had a Special K pastry crisp, and a cup of Hormel Spaghetti. It was a good and filling lunch- not the best quality of food, but it worked. I also got some pretzels and snacked on them as I got ready for the show.
One of my favorite kinds of cookies!
Couldn't resist indulging!

I met Dad downstairs at the hotel at 6:45pm and we were taken over to the theater. I sat backstage and they had amazing treats! I had a couple bites of pasta that was left over- amazing, but it was cold, so I didn't eat much. Then I had a cookie and a couple handfuls of M&M's.

The show was at 7:30pm, and it went great. It was a really fun show! Then we signed. After that, we headed on the bus. I ate some chips on our drive back to the hotel. Then as I got ready for bed I ate a Fiber One Brownie.

I just could not stop munching today! And sadly the stuff around me was not exactly healthy stuff! I was just uncontrollable! But that just happens sometimes. Every so often I hit a day that I can't stop eating! And oddly enough, I never actually had a "meal" today. Oh well... Tomorrow will be a better day.
All in! Our pre-show ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment