Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tried For An Easy Workout...

February 27, 2013

I woke up today with a sore throat. As far as a singer in concerned, this is NOT good! Especially since I work this coming Saturday.

So I discussed my workout plan with my boyfriend Michael- who is a bit of a fitness guru/personal trainer/health guy. Since I don't want to get sick- I want my body to fight it off, I wasn't sure if it was best to not work out and let my body focus on fighting the sickness, or to go to the gym and go hard so my blood gets moving and maybe that would help. He said there are a lot of different arguments for the situation, and it is hard to say what is right- especially for each person. But that the best thing I could probably do is go to the gym and get my blood moving, but don't go too hard where I might need muscles to repair. Which to me makes sense because if my body is busy repairing muscles, it won't have time to work on fighting the sickness. That's how I see it anyway!

I went to the gym with every intention of going a little easy, but once I was there I might have gotten carried away. I did lessen my weight on one of the things at the beginning, but once I was done with those sets, it seemed a waste to go home and not do at least a little more!

Also, after the cardio I was COVERED in sweat. I don't think I have ever sweat that much while doing what I did. So I think my body is in a weird place and fighting something! Hopefully whatever the sickness is washed out in the sweat! (Maybe wishful thinking, but I might as well be wishful!)

Workout -

  • Cardio - 30 minutes - 2.29 miles [All at 0 incline unless otherwise noted] (2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2 min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 2min at 3.8mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline.)
  • Weights - Circuit - 700 movements total - 25 shoulder presses with two 10lb free weights, 25 sit ups, 10 lateral raises with two 8lb free weights, 15 bicep curls with two 8lb free weights, 25 hip abductions at 140lb, 25 hip adductions at 100lb. Repeat 3 more times. 25 lat pulldowns at 60lb, 25 crunches on the abdominal machine at 50lb. Repeat 1 more time. 25 tricep extensions with a 20lb free weight, 25 sit ups. Repeat 1 more time.

It was a good, hard workout. Didn't mean for that to happen. But hopefully I didn't do any harm... 

When I got home I got myself a half glass of fresh squeezed juice (just made a fresh batch last night with my juicer!), and I put a packet of Emergen-c in it. Hope it helps fight this crud off!

No comments:

Post a Comment