Sunday, February 24, 2013

Celebrations

February 24, 2013

I have been trying my best to keep my food rather healthy since I have been home, and I have done a pretty good job. But the one thing that keeps coming up are different celebrations. I love being there to celebrate with people, but food in those situations can be quite challenging for me.

I have had 2 different peoples birthday celebration dinners this past week. Both were a lot of fun! But I hate having to watch what I eat when other people are just enjoying it. I will say that I did rather good at both dinners. I didn't even have dessert. (Well, at the first one I had one bite of my boyfriends cake...)  So I think I made it through both successfully.

I do believe in celebrating and just enjoying it- there is a definite time to do that! But when you have stuff to celebrate everyday, or even a few times a week, you just can't do it! Well, you can, but that leads to you not feeling good, and gaining weight, and all of those other things that we are all too familiar with. So I have found that I need to pick my battles. When is it time to really celebrate and when do I need to try to stay on my best- or at least good behavior? It is something to think about. I know I am finding my own balance and definitions of those things, and it is different for everyone.

Personally, working out helps a lot for me too. If I do over indulge a bit one night, I don't feel as bad as I do when I am not in a habit of working out. There is something about having that blood moving that makes it not hurt as bad the next morning if you ate too much the night before. I am sure there is some science to all that, and I could find some doctors notes about the topic, but that just doesn't matter to me. I don't care why it happens, I know it happens and that's a good enough reason for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment