Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

February 10, 2013
Amazing B'day waffle for breakfast! So pretty too!

I had to wake up early- around 6:30am, and get ready for our drive to Hazleton, PA. I wanted to spoil myself a little bit for my birthday though, so I ordered a waffle from room service. I don't ever order waffles for breakfast, and I love them! So it was a little treat for me. And man, it lived up to my expectations! Yummy!

Then I met the guys downstairs at 8am to start the drive. We split up into 2 rental cars, and ventured out onto the snow covered roads. It was a bit scary for a while, but the further away we got, it seemed to get a bit better. By the time we reached New York, it was pretty smooth sailing. We arrived at our Hampton Inn hotel by 1:30pm.
Awesome protein bar.

I wasn't feeling so good- I think a mix of the driving questionable roads and not really drinking any water this morning. (I make an effort to cut water intake before I am going to be in a car or plane for a long period of time; or else I constantly have to find a restroom!) So I got to my room and decided to rest for a bit and down some water.
View from my hotel room in Hazleton, PA.

I also eventually had a protein bar. (Perfectly Simple - Zone Perfect Bar, it only has 10 ingredients, all of which I can pronounce; so that is a very good thing!) I also had a few Chimes Ginger Chews. All of which helped me feel a bit better- even though I was still tired.

At 4pm, I got up off my butt and I went down to the gym. This gym was quite a bit smaller than the last gym- QUITE a bit smaller. But I did pretty good anyway. Here is what I did -
View from the gym. Beautiful!

  • Cardio - 25 minutes total - 1.96 miles [All at 0 incline unless otherwise noted] (3min at 6mph, 1min at 6.mph, 1min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1 min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 6 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 3min at 6mph, 1min at 6.mph, 1min at 6mph, 5min at 3.8mph)
  • Weights - 500 movements total - 25 standing rows with two 15lb free weights, 25 sit ups, 25 times throwing an 8lb ball in the air and catching it, 25 crunches. Repeat 3 more times, so I get to 100 reps on each. 25 squats, 25 bicep curls with two 10lb free weights, 25 squats, 25 bicep curls with two 10lb free weights.
Then it was time for me to get up to my room and ready for the show! I met everyone downstairs at 7pm and we headed to the theater. When I got there I ate some deli meat- mostly it was a couple slices of turkey, and then I also had one of my favorite nutrition bars. Then it was show time and then signing.

Nutrition Bar.
Afterwards, I met the band at a bar down the street. I got a drink and french fries and thousand island dressing. (One of my all time favorite things!) So I enjoyed that for my birthday! I got back to the room just before midnight. I did splurge a little more and have a couple chunks of a Skinny Bar chocolate. (At least it is a little better for you than a regular chocolate bar!)

All and all, it was a pretty nice birthday! A lot of work, and I wish I could have spent it with my boyfriend; but it was pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment