Saturday, February 23, 2013

Protein Bars

February 23, 2013

I know that if you have been following my blog, you noticed that I eat a lot of protein bars/nutrition bars while on the road. I am not saying that I am a big advocate of eating that many protein bars usually, but when I am on the road it seems like the best choice.

I have a hard time choosing the right thing to eat when I have a lot of options, or turning things down that are sitting in front of me... A buffet is a big struggle for me! And a lot of the places we work, that is what they give us for our meals- buffet comp tickets. (Plus lets not even get into the quality of food at a lot of buffets.) Also, I am not a huge fan of getting up and tracking down food first thing in the morning.

So I have found that a protein bar is a better option for me.

Especially when I am constantly in situations where I don't even know when I'll get a meal; never mind a decent or quality meal. When we are on the road and touring, a lot of food options are out of my control. So by carrying protein bars with me, I am putting it back in my control.

While traveling, I highly recommend carrying along some protein bars. It will also help you out as a snack; so when you get hungry you can have a few bites of something, and not let yourself get starving to the point of stuffing your face the next time you see food!

So no, I don't think anyone should live off of protein bars, but I do think they are a great and very helpful option when traveling. And I don't just mean traveling long distances. How many times have you gotten hung up somewhere and been starving so you either let body suffer by not fueling it or you eat some horrible gas station food? It helps to leave a box of protein bars in your car for sure occasions...

Plus, if you try a few different brands, I know you will probably find one you like! I have found multiple ones that I enjoy! (If you look back through the blog you can see the brands I tend to eat.)

Yes, real fresh food is better; but I'd try to choose a protein bar or nutrition bar over a bag of chips or something like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment