Thursday, February 21, 2013

Soup's Up!

The soups I used.
February 21, 2013

As all the ice was keeping the outside chilly and gloomy... I figured it was a perfect day for some yummy soup to warm me up!

I had two different soups sitting in my pantry, so I poured them into a pot and started to cook them. (One said add some milk because it was semi-condenced, but I didn't, I just put the two soups in the pot!) The two soups were -

  • Pacific, Organic, Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato
  • Amy's Organic Soups, Semi Condensed, Crean of Mushroom

Lunch! My fella obviously
got about double the amount
I needed to eat, and he got
some rolls to dip in the soup
too!
In my small food processor, I put some of the chicken I had left over from the other night. (The Simply Great Chicken recipe I posted the other day...) I shredded it up pretty good, and then I added that to the soup.

I sprinkled just a bit of salt, and then I let it cook for a few more minutes until it was all hot. (I didn't warm up the chicken first, it was straight out of the fridge. So it took a couple minutes to let it all heat up, but since it was shredded into such small pieces it didn't take long!)

It was so yummy! It was kinda sweet, but not too sweet. I think the marinade on the chicken being kinda sweet added a great layer to the taste! (I could also see using a spicier chicken like left over chicken fajita. It would be a different kind of soup, but probably great too!) My boyfriend and I both loved it, and it was the PERFECT thing for an iced in Thursday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment