Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Love Affair With Salad

Beautiful and colorful salad!
February 20, 2013

I LOVE salad. I truly do! I have for many years... There have been times when I would eat a salad for every meal. Unfortunately, growing up my salad tastes were toward more unhealthy options- rich and creamy dressings, etc... As I have gotten older, luckily my tastes have expanded. (Still love a good blue cheese salad though!)

I don't often make salad at home because it seems to not work out financially. Seems to usually be cheaper and easier (less chopping) to go grab a salad at Panera or something. But every so often I stock up on salad supplies and make my own at home.

Tonight for dinner my fella and I had left over chicken from last night, and a big ole' salad. Those that know me well, know that I love the salad to be very chopped up! (I am kinda crazy about that!) Tonight, this is what I put in the salad -
The whole meal.
Trader Joe's Dressings.

  • Spinach
  • Avocado
  • Corn
  • Black Beans
  • Onion
  • Tomato
For the dressing I used a mixture of two different Trader Joe's dressings. I have found that they are a bit lower calorie than a lot of other brands, and they are very tasty!

It was a perfect meal for the night. And now that I have all the salad stuff in my kitchen, I will be able to easily make up one for lunch tomorrow and/or the next day. That excites me!

No comments:

Post a Comment