Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kenpo

February 21, 2013

Ice!!
Seeing as Branson was covered in ice when I got up, I decided that driving to the gym just wasn't worth it. Instead, I worked out at home.

Most of you are probably familiar with P90X... I have a few of those DVD's hanging around my house. So today, since the gym didn't seem like a good idea, I popped one of them in my TV. I did the Kenpo DVD. It is a type of karate workout. (It is quite a lot of fun!) The DVD is an hour long, and it kicked my butt!

I used to do this workout video a lot, so I figured with as much as I had been working out at the gym, doing this video would be pretty easy. I was totally wrong! There are just different ways to use muscles- and this video is different than the ways I have been using them at the gym! I was out of breath and hurting! But it felt great, and I felt like I accomplished something good by the time I was done!
Working out!

Also, working out at home is hard for me. I think it is easier for me to get amped up for a workout when I am at a gym- a place I am supposed to go hard! So at home it can be a bit more of a mental struggle- not just physical.

But I do like mixing up the workouts; today I noticed a few things that I need to focus on and improve. So I think variety is a great thing. Mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment