Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowed In

February 9, 2013
Heather's present to me! Yummy treats!

Today got off to a good/bad start- depending how you look at it... Right after I woke up, I got a knock at my door, and the person said "room service". I knew I hadn't ordered anything, so I figured I'd have to turn them away, but turns out it was for me! My sweet cousin Heather sent me an early B'day/stuck in a blizzard present! It was a mimosa and an array of chocolate covered strawberries! She knows me too well!
Morning snack.

I did sit and enjoy my mimosa with my bottle of water... But I saved my chocolate covered strawberries for a treat later. But I did eat one of my mini protein bars. I needed something a little nutritious to get me going...

But then it was time to get myself into gear! I jumped into my workout clothes and hit the gym. I hit it hard for about 45 minutes. Turns out I even went harder than I planned... When I started on the treadmill it was on a 1.5 incline, and I didn't know it until the end. I'm glad it was on that incline though, because the whole time I was running I was wondering why it felt so much harder today! So glad it was the machine making it harder and not my body being weak today! So here is what I did -

  • Cardio - 30 minutes total - 2.28 miles (2min at 6mph at 1.5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 2min at 6.5mph at 1.5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 2min at 6mph at 1.5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 2min at 6.5mph at 1.5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 2min at 6mph at 1.5 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 1.5 incline, 5min at 3.8mph at 0 incline)
  • Weights - 400 movements total - 25 lat pulldowns at 45lb, 25 situps, 25 overhead tricep extensions with a 15lb free weight, 25 seated leg curl at 60lb. Repeat 3 more times, so I get to 100 reps on each thing.
Then I got back up to my room and cleaned up a bit, then headed downstairs to do a little shopping and look around. I didn't find much since more than half the shops were closed- I'm assuming because of the blizzard that passed through the night before.

But I did sneak outside for a bit and it was absolutely magical! I loved all the fresh snow, and the sun shinning too! I can't say enough about how gorgeous it is! I wanted to go play in the snow, but it was so perfect, I didn't wanna screw it up for other people to look at!

When I got back to the room  I needed a lunch/snack. So I had 2 of the chocolate covered strawberries, and a 90 calorie Fiber One brownie. Hopefully that will be enough to get me through until dinner.

Loving the snow!
I didn't have much to do, but dinner came a bit earlier than expected, it was at 5:30pm- that was the only time available. Because of the storm, a lot of the restaurants were closed and that was the only time we could get a reservation.

So I met the guys downstairs at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain. Before dinner I was informed that Bon Jovi was doing a concert, so the band got the table and Dad and I went to check it out. (Actually I was trying to get into the Bon Jovi concert tonight ever since I heard we were staying an extra day, but a couple hours before dinner, they canceled it since it was too hard for people to get to it in the snow. But I guess at the last minute Bon Jovi decided to do a free show a couple hours earlier for everyone.) Dad and I walked in and he was singing "It's My Life", amazing! I am a big fan of Bon Jovi! So that was a lot of fun. But we only watched a couple songs, then we headed back to dinner.
While the guys sang Happy
Birthday to me!
Dad and I. 

The food was amazing, and I definitely over indulged. But this was really my B'day dinner, because my actual birthday is tomorrow, and we are hopefully going to be on stage performing tomorrow night. So I went big tonight!

I had a couple rolls, and then a salad that was incredible. For my entree, I got the Mahi Mahi, and a side of the sweet potato casserole, and the onions and mushrooms. It was all amazing! I also had a few cocktails. Then we ordered dessert too! I got the butter pecan praline profiteroles. They brought mine out with a candle and Dad and the band sang happy birthday to me. It was a lot of fun! And the dessert was amazing! The whole dinner was incredible. I have to say, Bobby Flay is a great chef! It was a really great night!
My amazing B'day dessert!

After dinner Dad and I went to the shops to get some snow boots. (Which we definitely needed to get due to the weather we are going to be facing the next week or more on the road!) Then I got back to my room, and even though I was more than full, I couldn't help but eat the other chocolate covered strawberries. (Yes, I know I shouldn't have, but I just couldn't help it!)

After dinner at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain. From right to
left - Tim, Dad, myself, Gabe, Larry, and Jamie. 
And much to my surprise... About 10 minutes after I finished the strawberries, I heard a knock at my door. And sure enough it was room service again! With 6 more chocolate covered strawberries and another mimosa; this time from my cousins in Connecticut, the Hardina's. I was shocked! So sweet of them! But at that point I couldn't put another thing into my mouth, (except I did drink the mimosa!) so I decided to save them for a treat for the band in the morning.

I was starting to feel more and more icky by the minute. My stomach felt so swollen and full. So in an effort to fix the problem, I went back down to the gym. I have to admit, I was very unsure if I could run on a treadmill at all considering the condition I was in, but I surprised myself and did better than expected. I did pretty much the same work out as in the morning! Just a shade different. Here is what I did -

  • Cardio - 30 minutes total - 2.29 miles [All at 0 incline unless notes] (2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 2min at 3.8mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline)
  • Weights - 400 movements total - 25 bench presses with two 20lb free weights, 25 crunches, 25 lat pulldowns at 45lb, 25 leg extensions at 60lb. Repeat 3 more times, so I get to 100 reps on each thing.

So today wasn't my best day- and tomorrow since it is my birthday, I know it won't be my best day either! If I want to celebrate a bit, I will! But it is what comes after that that will count. I hope to turn it around after my birthday! And kick it into a higher gear!

But I have to say, that I paid for my celebration today. I went to the gym twice- at full force, in order to make up for my food choices. For me, that is a big deal. I made an effort. I really tried. So in a way, I am very proud of myself. So today was really a mix of proud and shameful. I have a feeling I will still be paying for the food tomorrow though, because I still feel stuffed!

But tomorrow is my birthday! So it is going to be a great day! But my schedule is looking pretty crazy... So we will just have to see what it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment