Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello Blizzard

View from my room when I first woke up.
There was NO snow yesterday!
February 8, 2013

I woke up to a very white view out of my 21st story window. Yep, the Nor'Eastern is approaching, and it is making things rather snowy! However, I do love snow, so I am kinda excited about that...

Breakfast.
I downed a bottle of water when I first got up- as I always do... I am not a coffee drinker. I am an occasional frappuccino drinker, but that is about it. And I was NOT a water drinker for a long time. I actually refused to drink water for years. But about 3 or 4 years ago I had a change of heart. I gave up soda, and switched to water. (I never intended to completely give up soda, but I just haven't felt it was the right occasion to indulge yet- however I am sure that day will come!) I have found that water does keep me more full throughout the day. And can help when I am hungry. Plus, it just gives me enough of a boost in the morning- helps my system get moving!

Then after a little bit, I ate one of my protein bars. (It just seemed easier than trying to go find a quick bite of food before sound check!) Simple is sometimes key on the road. After I finished, I got my gym clothes on and went down to sound check. Once we ran a couple of songs and I was done, I headed up to the gym.

They have a very nice and pretty big fitness center at the hotel. This is what I did-

Watching the news reports
about the crazy weather
coming our way while
I did my cardio.
  • Ran on the treadmill in intervals. (2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2 min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph) 15 minutes total.
  • Weights - Circuit - 25 bench presses with two 20lb free weights, 25 sit ups, 25 shoulder presses with two 12lb free weights, 25 leg extensions at 60lb, 25 seated leg curls at 60lb. REPEAT 3 more times. So a total of 100 of each thing. 500 motions total. 
  • Walking treadmill incline intervals. (All at 3.8mph - 1min at 0 incline, 1min at 3 incline, 1min at 4 incline, 1min at 5 incline, 2min at 6 incline, 1min at 5 incline, 1min at 4 incline, 1min at 3 incline, 1min at 0 incline) 10 minutes total. 
I was probably at the gym for about 40 minutes. (I didn't time myself, I just got going and forgot!) But it was a great workout, and it felt good! It hurt at times too though. I just recently upped my weight on the bench press from two 15lb free weights, to the 20lb ones. And I usually only do 10lb free weights on the shoulder press, but they didn't have two 10lb weights, so I figured I'd try the 12lb!
After workout snack.

That is a semi standard workout. But I always try to mix it up a little. And when you are in a gym you are not familiar with, sometimes you end up mixing it up more than you'd like!

After I got all sweaty, I headed back up to my room and I had a small after workout snack... I had a mini "snack size" Luna bar. I like all the small sized bars so I can have something to snack on without having more than I need at the time!

Once showered and ready to go, I headed downstairs to walk and shop a bit, and eventually find a little lunch.

Very cool Irish Pub.
I had it in mind that I wanted to go to the Starbucks and get a smoothie, but sure enough when I got there they were closed. I wandered around the hotel looking at the many different restaurants, but most were closed- I think that had to do with the storm raging outside! So I eventually found an Irish pub, and it looked good. I ate part of a caesar salad, and most of a bowl of chili. The chili was amazing!

After I finished my meal, I walked through the shops. One of the only ones left open was the Farmers Almanac store, and it is right up my alley- for the worse! They have a bunch of sauces and snack things etc... I ended up getting some Chimes Ginger Chews- which are amazing, (yes, I got some in every flavor and they are all amazing!) and I know I am going to enjoy them as a pick me up while I'm traveling on this trip, and I also grabbed a couple other things for later.  Yep, stores like that are trouble for me and trying to stay healthy!

Backstage spread.
By the time I got back to my room I had a few hours before the show- and I was going to watch TV, but the TV was not working... The storm must have screwed it up. Which is a bummer because I wanted to see how the storm was shaping up!

Of course when I went down to the show there was a spread of yummy snacks backstage... I indulged in some cheese and a cookie. It is too hard not to! That is a major issue for me! So hard to say no when it is sitting there. Although sometimes I am a bit more motivated and I find it a little easier. But man, tonight was not one of those nights!

All of us at the pub.
After the show, the guys and I all headed back to the pub to celebrate our first show of 2013. I have to admit I shouldn't have ordered anything, but I did get a cup of onion soup and a side of cole slaw. Plus a drink- or two! It was a lot of fun to hangout with everyone though! Especially since we are officially snowed in! We were supposed to leave here in the morning and drive to PA, but due to the storm, we will be staying here another night...

You never know what to expect on the road. Which is what causes a lot of food and fitness issues for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment