Thursday, February 28, 2013

Morning Yoga

February 28, 2013

I woke up today, and I felt even a little worse than yesterday, but not too horrible. So again I tried to figure out what would be best for my workout today. (As in what is the best thing for me to do so I don't get any more sick!) I decided on yoga.

I headed to the gym, and I ended up getting there 10 minutes before the class was going to start at 9am. So I jumped on the treadmill and I ran.

  • Cardio - 5 minutes - .50 miles (2 min at 6mph, 1min at 6.5mph, 2 min at 6mph)
It felt good. Mostly because it was really cold outside and that warmed my body right up! 

Then I headed into the classroom for yoga. Marie teaches yoga, and it is a great class. Today I happened to be the only person there for it though. (Everyone else was sick or at work.) But it worked out great because I have only taken a few yoga classes before, and I had some questions on if I was doing things correctly. It was a lot of fun, and quite a work out. Yoga really is harder than it looks! And it really helped my mind too! Plus, just getting my blood flowing seemed to really help make my body feel better. Suddenly some of my sick symptoms seemed to go away.

When I finished with the class, I jumped back on the treadmill for a little walk.
  • Cardio - 15 minutes - .94 miles (1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline.)
All and all it was a great workout. I don't feel like I exhausted my body too much - I want to let it be able to fight whatever is ailing me, but I did get my blood moving, and I felt a lot better when I left!

No comments:

Post a Comment