Thursday, February 7, 2013

First Day, First Failure...

February 7, 2013

I really wanted to make a good impression on you. That was my hope. Since this is the first real day of the tour, I was hoping to start off with a bang! Just kick some health and fitness butt right out of the gate. I would have loved nothing more than to say I breezed through this first day without any bumps in the road, but I'm just not that lucky...
Love a good smoothie!

I started out a bit less than ideal with my food- I woke up at 6am to get ready for the airport, yet, I didn't end up eating until I was on my layover in Dallas! While I was on the first plane I was about to crack open a protein bar, but I fell asleep instead. Now this was not a major set back, however, I hate to let myself get too hungry, because that can lead to me attacking every edible thing in my sight!

Flying into Connecticut.
As for healthy options for food at airports, you don't often end up with too many amazing choices. But this time luck was on my side! I found a little place that made low calorie smoothies! And man did that hit the spot! The last month and a half I have been having a shake everyday for breakfast while I was home, and I like that habit. So this made me feel a little closer to the comforts of home!

Protein time!
After a long flight up to Hartford/Springfield Connecticut, we had an hour and a half wait for some other people- their flight got delayed... So I finally broke into that protein bar around 5pm. Now, this is where my plans started to change a bit. Originally I was supposed to be at the hotel by 6pm. Instead, we didn't leave the airport until after 6pm, and then still had an hour and a half drive to the Mohegan Sun in front of us.

When we got in the limo, there was an array of snacks. Oh man, now that is my worst enemy! But I only ate a small bag of popcorn. (I love popcorn!) So considering, I held out pretty good on the snacking possibilities!

Limo snacks.
But by the time we made it to the hotel, it was about 8pm, and I was rather hungry! My Dad and I went down to a nice dinner. We hadn't actually seen each other in about a month and a half, so it was nice to be able to go share a meal. We went to Michael Jordan's Steakhouse. It was amazing! I indulged in a roll, and some lobster bisque, then for my entree I got a seared tuna steak (only ate about half of that big boy though!) and a side of mushrooms and onions. It was delicious! But a bit more filling than one would hope...
Yummy lobster bisque.

I never made it to the gym today. That was my biggest failure of the day... But by the time I finished a big dinner and chatting with Dad, AND after a long day of flying and schedule changes, I just didn't have it in me to go to the gym at 10pm. I needed some rest.

And to keep things interesting, there is supposed to be a huge storm coming in tonight. What they call a Nor'Eastern. Should be interesting to see what kind of situation I wake up to in the morning... Just might be snowed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment