Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Caffeine = Drug

April 17, 2013

These days I don't really have much caffeine. I used to have a lot of Coca Cola everyday - now I haven't had one in a few years. I have never been a coffee drinker either; the only exception is the occasional frappaccino. I admit I also take one Excedrin every so often for a sinus headache- I used to take a lot more Excedrin though for headaches, but now I keep it to a minimum. My point being, that I really don't have caffeine.

This morning, I was feeling kinda down and sluggish. So I put 2 instant coffee packets into my morning Shakeology shake. (And I do use coffee every so often in my shakes- usually on days that I know I have to keep moving a lot, or I am just craving a frappaccino.) But today, it took me from zero to sixty! All of a sudden I had so much energy that I was bouncing around the house and completely pumped up and ready to rock!

It was a really good reminder that caffeine IS a drug! Yes, a legal and very widely accepted one... But a drug none the less. However, it can be beneficial when used appropriately I think. Especially since I don't drink it all the time, I get the benefit of seeing what it actually can do! And I think it is a wonderful thing for a really busy day when I need that extra little push! Or when I am really dragging. But like I said, if I drank it all the time, I wouldn't get the benefit of that!

I just noticed all this today and was thinking about it, so I wanted to share it. I figured it is good food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment