Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fitness Fest

The market place and all the vendors. Kind of quiet at the
moment since we were all heading off to exercise classes!
April 13, 2013

Today has a whirl wind of health, wellness, and fitness! It was awesome! This morning I drove up to Springfield with my friend Marie to go to the 417 Magazine Live Well- Fitness Fest and Expo. They had some talks and cooking classes, a bunch of exercise classes, and a big market place with a bunch of local vendors to shop around. I didn't do any of the talks or cooking classes, but I had a great time walking around the market place, and I loved the fitness classes! I did four 45 minute classes. Each of the 4 time slots they had two options of classes. It was great to be able to try some other classes that I might not try otherwise!

I started the day off at 9am with Balance Barre Method. It was intense! I was so sore by the time I was done! It was the best workout of the day! I am going to have to go try there classes. It was a serious workout. I can only imagine how much I'll be hurting my morning!

Then I did PiYo- a mixture between Yoga and Pilates. It was a lot of fun, but a bit more like a yoga class than I expected. I think they cut out the real challenging stuff due to time restrictions- since class was only 45 minutes instead of the usual hour. But it was a lot of fun, and good workout as well!

Lunch break! They served up some lovely turkey wraps with a side salad and fruit salad. It was yummy! And much needed!

Setting up for Balance Barre Method.
After lunch I did Jazzercise. It was pretty good, but I think I like Zumba a bit better- Zumba seems to get my hear rate up more cause there is some more bouncing and stuff I guess. But it is always fun for me to dance around to some songs, so it was a good time!

Finished off the day with Aerosha. That was very nice. It was done by candle light. Some meditation, light yoga and sensual movement. They focus is to empower women, and to have them love the body they are in. It was a really fun class. I'd like to take another class from them again too! Plus it was the perfect cool down to the day!

All and all, it was a pretty awesome event, and I am so glad that I went! Great to see events like this happening. It definitely gave me some health inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment