Thursday, April 4, 2013

Shake Shake Shake...

April 4, 2013

While I am home, as a general rule, everyday for breakfast I have a shake. (I believe I have had a shake for breakfast everyday that I have been home since January 3rd of this year.) I like that I can have a nutritious shake for breakfast and get in a whole bunch of good stuff that I need for the day.

There are a lot of nutrition shake brands out there- and no, they are not all created equal! My go to shake brand is Shakeology in Chocolate. It is quite yummy. I have a few good recipes for it! It is really good for you too! They even just improved the taste as well.

Until recently I had always been a person that never ate breakfast. But now I make sure to always eat breakfast, and it is helping a lot. And the shakes keep me full longer. In fact, I have never even been able to have an entire shake. I can eat about half to three fourths of a shake, and then I am too full!

Sometimes I even have a shake for lunch too! (Sometimes that is just easier, or sometimes it is the only thing I have in the house!) It tends to be a very convenient meal to have around! (My boyfriend Michael likes them too!)

However, sometimes I don't feel like chocolate... (I know, that seems like it would never happen, but sometimes I'm just not in a chocolate mood!) On those occasions, I like to make a fruit smoothie type of shake. And I don't have a Tropical or Greenberry Shakeology- and honestly, it isn't cheap, so I just stick with the chocolate from there because I like it best... So I will sometimes use the Body By Vi shakes.  I usually just make my fruit smoothie and throw the Body By Vi in there for some added nutrients and protein. However, there is sucralose in that shake mix, and I try to keep my sucralose intake to a minimum. (I am not as crazy about it as some people, but I know it isn't good for you, so I try to stay away from it when I can. But I am not 100% against using it on occasion...)

I would also like to state that I DO NOT sell either of these products. I am just sharing what has helped me. And right now, I am enjoying a shake a day. It may or may not be for you. But it definitely has it's benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment