Friday, March 8, 2013

Baraboo...

Waiting in Chicago.
March 8, 2013

I woke up today and my calf muscles were very sore! Those stairs yesterday kicked my butt! So going up and down the couple of stairs at my house while I was getting ready to leave was a challenge. But I managed. By the time it was 9:15am, I was ready to leave. Michael and I drove up to Springfield together, and then I dropped him off with some of his family; and after we said good-bye, I headed on to the airport. While we were driving though, Michael and I shared a package of Pastry Crisps. Yummy!

When I got to the airport, I checked in and went through security. After I bought a water, I sat down at the gate to wait for my flight. I had one of the new Fiber One Protein Bars, and then soon it was time to get on the plane. I managed to sleep the whole flight- which made it painless! I arrived in Chicago at just about 1pm.

Out the airplane window in Chicago.
I had about 2 hours until my next flight. So I walked around to try to find me some lunch. I ended up at Subway, and I got a 6 inch turkey and black forest ham on wheat. It was really good. At least it was semi good for me too. I also got a veggie salad mix from another fresh food place. It was just some chopped up veggies with a little dressing and seasoning. I only had a couple bites, but it was pretty good too.

Then I waited for my next flight at 3:10pm. The time seemed to be going by slowly... But eventually my small flight to Madison, Wi started to board. It was technically a 50 minute flight, but it wasn't even that long. It was only 28 minutes in the air. Short trip!
My treadmill workout.

When I arrived, I went down to baggage claim and got my bags and met up with Gabe and our driver, and we headed to the hotel about an hour away. We were staying at the Ho-Chunk in Baraboo. (Which is next to Wisconsin Dells.)

Once I made it to my room, I had a little snack of a package of Pastry Crisps. (They really have no nutritional value, but they are low in calorie and I really like them!) Then I headed down to the gym to get in a little workout. The gym was pretty tiny, and didn't have much in the way of weights. And the ones they had were weird- the machine didn't flow very well and it seemed to be heavier than most places. But nothing I can do about that. Here is what I did -

  • Cardio - 30 minutes - 2.29 miles [All at 0 incline unless otherwise noted] (2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2 min at 6.5mph, 1min at 3.8mph, 2min at 6mph, 2min at 3.8mph, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 5 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 2min at 3.8mph at 0 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 4 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 3 incline, 1min at 3.8mph at 0 incline.)
  • Weights - Circuit - 400 movements total - 25 leg extensions at 40lb, 25 lat pulldowns at 40lb, 25 sit ups, 25 bicep curls at 20lb. Repeat 3 more times.
A lot of the weight stuff was really hard to do- just a bad machine. But at least I did something!

As soon as I finished, I got changed and met Dad for dinner. We went down to the Steakhouse called Copper Oak. It was really good food. I had a piece of bread, a Waldorf Salad, Chicken in a tomato mushroom sauce, and a side of sauteed mushrooms. It was a great dinner, and great company. 

Then I headed back to my room to get comfortable for the night! I was pretty tired- and full from dinner. I knew it would be an early night. So I just laid around and watched some TV until I finally was ready to shut my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment