Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sandwich

March 12, 2013

I love to eat sandwiches! I often try to stay away from them though because they tend to end up rather high calorie (especially at restaurants) and too much bread from me. But I really do love them.

Also, to make them at home it is usually too wasteful! If I want a slice of tomato I have to waste almost a whole tomato... Or use cherry tomatoes and chop them all up real small- then it is more of a time thing. But same goes with onion, avocado, etc... And bread! I can't usually go through an entire loaf of bread before it goes stale! The only way I could do that is if Michael and I both had sandwiches for lunch everyday at home- and that just usually doesn't happen.

But today I ended up with a pretty good solution!

I got a packet of Foldit Flat bread, and there is only about 6 flat breads in there, so that is more reasonable for me to get through before it goes bad!

Then I put about a half serving of Philadelphia Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat in Garden Vegetable flavor.

I also added about a half serving of Lite Mayo. (Could have used a little less too!)

Then I heated up the chicken that I made yesterday- you can get to that recipe by clicking here. It had such a great flavor with the cilantro. So it really added a great layer to my sandwich. I cut up the chicken into some smaller chunks- once it was hot, and placed it in the flatbread.

To top it off, I added some Banana Peppers. (I am new to Banana Peppers because am not a big pepper fan and so hadn't tried them before. But now I love them, and they have so much flavor! Really adds a lot to a sandwich- plus they are 0 calories. So great flavor and no calories seems like a pretty great thing!)

One bite in, and yep, it is good!
All and all, it was the perfect little sandwich. And all the sandwich toppings are easy to leave in the fridge without them drying out or something like tomatoes! Plus, I try to have some sort of cooked chicken leftovers in the fridge. And it is a pretty healthy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment