Monday, March 4, 2013

Workout Clothes

March 4, 2013

My shoes!
Exercise clothing can be so expensive! And I try not to buy into it... At least too much! It can be really pretty and fancy and cute, but just because you spend a bunch of money to look pretty, fancy and cute doesn't mean you are going to get better results! 

Now I do believe in a good if not great pair of tennis shoes. I got a bit more expensive of a pair a couple months ago, and I cannot believe the difference! I love them! (But I had very bad tennis shoes before...) And I don't think it is price that matters too much, you just need to find the right pair that fits your feet the best!

Back
And a good pair- or two, of exercise pants is a good idea... I have worked out in other pants before, but at least the exercise pants breath a bit better. (Especially if you are doing Zumba or something- a lot of other cheap pants will not hold together as well when you squat down... I have seen a lot more of some people than needed! So a thicker material can be better!) But I know exercise pants are very expensive, however, I have ordered some on Groupon when they have offered them and gotten some great pairs that would normally be $55+ for only $16. That works for me!

But my real problem always tends to be shirts. Let's face it, they get the dirtiest and smelliest the quickest- by far! And I feel like spending that much money for workout shirts is a bit crazy. (As pretty as they may be...) I have always just used old shirts. Ones that really weren't good enough to be wearing somewhere nice anymore, or ones I was ready to retire. Mostly just form fitted or slightly loose t'shirt types. 

Front
I also have a million Large and X-Large T'shirts in my closet- they seem to accumulate. They are band shirts, or gag shirts someone gave me, or random shirts from different cities. And they are usually pretty gigantic on me. But if you cut one up, it can make a nice and somewhat fashionable workout shirt!

I used an old Boogie Kings shirt to make a workout shirt for today. I just cut the bottom on a bit of a curve- to give it a little style, then I cut the sleeves off. Now it is a nice comfy workout shirt! (And it will only get more comfortable the more times I wash it!) 

This isn't my best job because I was in a hurry this morning, but you can get the idea. Get creative with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment