Saturday, March 23, 2013

Delayed But Arriving - Hopefully?

March 22, 2013

I woke up to a white and beautifully snowy surroundings! It was gorgeous! Unfortunately, I had to leave town today and head out for a gig in Orange County, California.

I knew I didn't wake up in enough time to fit in a workout, so instead I just got ready to leave. (Even though I think the perfect workout would have been sledding!) I packed up the car and left the house by 11am. I headed to Fair Grove, Missouri to drop off some stuff for Michael for a talent show he was putting on tonight. (Sadly, I had to miss it this year...)

After unloading my car, we grabbed a lunch at the small local place - Hilltop Pizza. Then did a little more work. But soon it was time for me to head on my way to Kansas City.

My drive was boring, but I survived. Then after an insane trip on the bus from the economy parking to the terminal, I checked in. My first flight was on time, but my second flight was delayed and if it got delayed one more minute- literally, it would be canceled. (O.C. Airport has an 11pm curfew.)

I ate one of my protein bars, and then got on the first plane to Phoenix. I slept the whole way! I was tired! When I landed, it appeared that my other flight was still going to go! So I headed to that gate to wait.

Luckily, we took off right when we needed to, and we managed to get in right before the curfew! I had protein bar on the flight to hold me over too. I was a bit hungry by then! Dad picked me up and we went back to my parent's house. I put my stuff in my room, and then I had an apple and a Fiber One Brownie, and got ready for bed! Hungry- but no reason to each much, might as well just go to sleep!

Sadly, I did not get in a workout today... But at least I should have some time tomorrow before sound check and the gig. Plus, I know my few days in California will bring some bike riding and wonderful activities! And lots of wonderful, yummy, and FRESH fish! (I am new to eating fish- really only started to eat it in the last year- except I've eaten sushi for a few years now... But in California I can get a lot of the yummy and fresh fishes that I love! Gotta take advantage of that while I'm here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment