Sunday, March 3, 2013

Home Bound...

March 3, 2013

I woke up just before 9am, and I got dressed and ready- closed my suitcase up, and then headed downstairs to meet the guys and the limo. By 9:45am, we were headed to the airport. It was about a 35 minute drive.

When I got there, I said my goodbyes to everyone and then checked in and went through security. By the time I was going through security, I was starting to feel a bit waterlogged though, because I had already drank 30oz of water this morning, and hadn't eaten anything yet. So after I made it through, I stopped at the "Healthy Living" stand. (I love those at the Sacramento Airport!) I took a look around, and I bought a couple protein bars. (They had some that I have been wanting to try, so I figured it was a good time to grab a few!) Then I sat down and enjoyed at Kellogg's Protein bar- Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor. It was the first time that I have had that kind, and it was awesome! Very yummy! Gonna need to get more of them soon!

Dallas... Ready to go!
Then I just sat and waited for my flight to board. But we were on the plane and on our way to Dallas by 11:50am. The flight from Sacramento to Dallas seemed really long - probably because I didn't sleep at all on the plane. I watched a movie though, and that helped to take up some of the time. The I had a fruit bar. (It was one of the new bars I picked up at the airport.) It was pretty good, but a little strange. However, I needed the snack!

By the end of the flight, my head was starting to hurt quite a bit. I have a feeling it was my sinuses. I woke up today with a bit more of a stuffy nose... Hopefully it just goes away! But I know how sinus stuff can give me bad headaches! (My whole family knows! Unfortunately I got my bad sinuses from my Dad.)

Finally we landed, and I had an hour and a half layover in Dallas. I just headed to my next gate and parked it there until it was time to board. I got on that much smaller plane, and soon we were in the air and I was on my way back to Missouri. Right after we took off, I ate another nutrition bar. A Luna Vanilla Almond bar. (I forgot how yummy that one is!) At least this was a much shorter flight and by 7:45pm we were on the ground at Springfield Airport.

I would like to add again that I am not a big fan of days like this where I end up eating all protein bars all day until maybe dinner time when I get real food- and I have done that two days in a row (yesterday and today). But sometimes that is just the better option. If I am not near something at the airport that looks reasonably healthy, I'd rather enjoy a protein bar. Because if I am going to splurge on something really yummy and tasty that I wouldn't normally get because it isn't great for you- well, I'm not going to do it at an airport! Let's face it, airport restaurants don't typically have the best food- and even chain restaurants are usually not as good as their non-airport venues. So why waste an indulgent meal at an airport with so-so food? (However, I will say that I have had some good meals- even great meals at airports, but that isn't the rule, it is more the exception.)

Bags always take a while at Springfield Airport, but eventually I had mine in hand and I rolled it out to my car and started my hour drive to my house. I got there by 9pm, and my boyfriend Michael got there by 10pm, both of us were hungry, so we went to Applebees. (The only place still open except for Denny's and Ihop.) I got the Napa Chicken and Portabellos. It is on the 550 calories or under section, and it is really good! However, Michael got some Crunchy Green Beans and I had some of them too, because they are just so yummy!

But then it was time to get home and close my eyes. I hate eating that late, but sometimes it just has to be done. Plus it was nice to spend time with my fella! I know I also didn't get a chance to exercise today, but there is always tomorrow. Sometimes you can only do so much! And I am exhausted and ready to sleep. Good trip on the road, but nice to be home!

*Also, there was a review and some pictures posted about our show last night! If you want to check it out, click here! (If you click on one of the pictures it will take you to a page where you can see a bunch of pictures of the show!)

No comments:

Post a Comment