Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Treats!

March 6, 2013

I made some treats today! Both were rather healthy too! And yummy! Here are the recipes for the two things I made. You just might like one or both of them too...

Cookie Balls -

Ingredients-
Ready to eat!

  • 2 Bananas
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, but that is up to you!)
  • 1-2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter.
Directions-
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Put the two bananas in a bowl and mash them up- I used my hands, and that made it pretty easy.
  • Add in the oats, chocolate chips and peanut butter, then mix it all together. (You may want to use more or less chocolate chips depending, just eye it for what looks good to you.)
  • I put some wax paper on a baking sheet, and then I put balls of the mixture onto the baking sheet. 
  • Put in the oven for 15 minutes.
I could also see adding some nuts (maybe walnuts or something) also maybe a dash of cinnamon and/or raisins. You could make them your own and add whatever you wanted! 

That made about 11 gooey cookie/cookie dough yummy snacks! They were especially good right out of the oven while the chocolate chips were still melted! It is a pretty healthy treat, but it tastes pretty great!

The other treat is a bit more sweet and sour... A fun frozen treat, and easy to make!

Sour Grapes -

Ingredients-
  • Grapes
  • Jell-o mix (Sugar Free - for a lower calorie/sugar treat)
Directions- 
Frozen Sour Grapes
  • Wash the grapes a few at a time, and while they are still wet, roll them around in some jell-o mix. The powder should cover the grape, or most of it anyway.
  • Once you have them all done, put them in the freezer and let them freeze. 
This time I used red seedless grapes, and Strawberry (Sugar Free Jell-o). But you could use any combination that you want! I have heard green grapes with lime Jell-o mix is great too. I have a feeling I'll keep trying different flavor combinations...

But I have to say that they are a nice frozen treat! I am a big frozen snack person. (I love ice cream and ice cream treats of all kinds...) But I found this to be quite a good fix for frozen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment