Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Personal Trainer Time

March 5, 2013

I woke up, and I was quite sore from Body Pump and Zumba the night before. Body Pump was killer! But I got up and did my thing until it was time to go to the gym.

I asked my boyfriend Michael if he would maybe train me once a week. He is a personal trainer, and somewhat of a fitness guru... He had actually trained me for a long time in the past- but we don't work out together much anymore. (Kinda hard when you are a couple.) But I wanted him to push me, so I know at least once a week I am getting pushed to my limit.

Today, I was pushed to my limit! I feel exhausted. My legs still feel like jelly! There was a lot of running involved, a lot of squats, and some arms and abs too. There were a few times I was ready to give up! But I kept going... All the while panting and gasping for air while my muscles felt like they were on fire. It was crazy. I definitely got a good workout today!

  • Treadmill - 5 minutes - .50 miles (2 min at 6mph, 1 min at 6.5mph, 2 min at 6mph)
  • 20 box squats with a 45lb bar, 20 bench presses with two 10lb weights on a machine, 20 row/squats at 50lb, 2 min on the treadmill at 6mph. Repeat 3 more times. 
  • 20 second plank while holding onto an exercise ball, 20 crunches on the ball, 10 crunches reaching to right side on the ball, 10 crunches reaching to left side of the ball. 20 second plank while holding onto an exercise ball, 20 crunches were you crunch in and then punch side to side four times then release on the ball, 50 crunches on the ball.
  • 20 squat presses (box squat into a shoulder press) with two 12lb free weights, 20 bicep curls with a 25lb bar, 10 assisted dips, 20 bench dips. Repeat 3 more times. 
  • Treadmill - 3 minutes - .29 miles (3 min at 6mph)
And I did all of that in 50 minutes!

That is pretty much what I did. And it was a lot!! I am feeling worked over for sure! But proud that I made it through it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment