Saturday, March 23, 2013

Good Morning Crazy!

March 23, 2013
Morning excitement!

Woke up to a little madness... There was a man, in our backyard, and in our jacuzzi. An unknown man! Police came and assisted us, and all was well. But who knows how he ended up there, and what he was under the influence of!

After I had my water and a protein bar... (And it was one of my new favorite protein bars! I have always liked the Zone Perfect, Perfectly Simple Bars, but they used to only come in one flavor. They added new flavors, and I have found love in the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip! Plus only 10 ingredients in them, so at least I know what exactly I am eating!) I put my gym clothes on and I headed to 24 Hour Fitness. I did a pretty good workout, a bit different than normal, so I wore out my muscles a bit more kind of. I focused on one area at a time- not by choice, but because the gym was crowded! Here is what I did -
Love these!!
  • Cardio - 10 minutes - 1 mile (2 min at 6mph, 1 min at 6.5mph, 7 min at 6mph)
  • Weight - 700 movements total - 25 shoulder presses with two 12lb free weights, 10 lateral raises with two 10lb free weights, 15 rows with two 15lb free weights, 25 sit ups. Repeat 3 more times. 25 leg presses at 130lb, 25 hip adductions at 110lb, 25 hip abductions at 90lb. Repeat 3 more times. 25 squat pulses while holding a 10lb ball, 25 right leg lunge pulses while holding a 10lb ball, 25 left leg lunge pulses while holding a 10lb ball, 25 squat pulses while holding a 10lb ball.
I thought about doing a little more cardio- maybe my incline walking, but when I walked down the stairs at the gym I almost couldn't control my legs after all that leg stuff in a row, so I decided to just go home. 
Taco and Vegetables.

I got showered and then had an apple as I was getting ready. By the time I was ready to head to sound check, I got a call that I didn't need to come... They were running behind anyway, so might as well not worry about it! Instead I went to run some errands. 

First stop was lunch. One of my favorites. Bear Flag Fish Co. I love them! I got a seared tuna taco with avocado, and a side of sauteed vegetables. Amazing! And cheap too! (I have missed Bear Flag!) Then I had to run to a few stores and grab some things for me and a friend back home. I ended up at Whole Foods and found this incredible smoked and candied fish! And then after I grabbed what I needed, I also stopped at Santa Monica Seafood because I had a certificate to use there. Got some yummy fish to cook, and some sides too! 

My dinner plate.
Then back home to rest for a bit. Would have loved to do something active for a bit, but I already had my hair and makeup done for the show. Didn't realize I'd have so much free time! So I just hung around and got a few things done. 

After a bit, I made myself a little dinner plate... I had two small pieces of the two different smoked and candied fish, a little Asian Cole Slaw, a little Seaweed Salad, and a little Pesto Pasta Salad! It was all delish! Then it was time to head to the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach. 

Once we got there, there was a lot of waiting around until about 9pm, then the show got started. Dad just did a short show, and then he left. I hung around with the band and jammed a bit. We had a great time! It was fun to be back on stage with Bob Gulley! 

I got home by 11:30pm, and I started to get ready for bed. I decided to have a little snack- an apple and a Fiber One Brownie. Then I decided to call it a night. I was exhausted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment