Monday, March 11, 2013

It's A Monday Marinade!

Ready to eat!
March 11, 2013

I just wanted a rather simple and healthy chicken for dinner tonight. So I took a recipe that I found for a marinade, and I tweaked it a bit... It turned out really good! Just enough flavor! Here is the basic recipe...

Cilantro Chicken -

Ingredients-

  • 3 or 4 chicken breasts. (I used 3 large ones.)
  • Cilantro
  • Garlic
  • Sesame Oil
  • Sweet Hot Mustard
  • Soy Sauce
  • Liquid Amino's (If you have it, it is a great thing to add, if not, use more soy sauce.)
Recipe-
  • Wash the chicken. Personally, I cut each chicken breast into about 3 chunks- I prefer smaller pieces of chicken, but either way works. 
  • Chop up 5 cloves of garlic and place it in a food processor (I used my small food processor for this, no need for too big of one!) or a blender. For the cilantro, usually when you buy it, it comes is a small bunch, I cut off about the top half of that- maybe a little more, and then added that to the food processor as well. Then add about a tablespoon or two of the sesame oil, about two or three tablespoons of the sweet hot mustard, Then about one or two tablespoons of the soy sauce, and about the same of the liquid amino's. Blend it up until it is really smooth. Eye it to see if it looks good to you. Add a little more or less of things depending on what you like! This is just the basic idea of how I did it tonight.
  • But the chicken in a container and pour the marinade on it. I stirred it around a bit to make sure the marinade was on all the pieces. Then I put it in the fridge for about an hour and a half. But you could leave it there more or less time if you'd like.
  • Turn the oven on to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the pieces of chicken on to a baking sheet, and then put them in the oven. I let it cook for about 25 minutes. Time will vary depending on your oven and the size and thickness of your chicken pieces.
This would also be a great marinade for grilling chicken this summer! I would have tried that tonight, but my grill isn't up and running for the year yet...

We found it to be a yummy, yet simple chicken! And I'm looking forward to using the leftover chicken to make sandwiches tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment